Updating marital status

23-Apr-2017 16:05 by 6 Comments

Updating marital status

Our department is responsible for immigration, settlement, resettlement and citizenship programs and services.

If we recognise your foreign registered marriage or civil partnership you will be taxed in the same way as an Irish couple.Thereafter, select your marital status and fill up the form accordingly.Complete all the steps and book an appointment at your preferred passport office.In order to do so, the following documents must be presented: are not mentioned to be submitted in the FAQs or ‘Document Advisor’ of the passportindia website. I advise you to keep the said documents handy to save yourself from any possible trouble. You should send Revenue details of the date, jurisdiction and title of your registered relationship, as well as your own and your partner’s Personal Public Service Number (PPSN).

If you've ever watched a friend's Facebook relationship status go from "In a Relationship" to "Single" on your newsfeed, you may have had one of three reactions: feeling sad or happy, depending on how you feel about their ex — or cringing.

You can use self service to update many of these changes yourself quickly and easily.

It is still important to tell us when there’s a change to your circumstances. There is more information about what you need to do to tell us about changes in your circumstances.

If you move house and you still owe us money, you need to tell us within 14 days after the change.

You may need to add or delete the name of your spouse, and/or change your name in the passport owing to the change in your marital status.

Don't want any relationship status whatsoever to appear on your profile?